The Office Assistant is responsible for managing and providing high quality administrative and logistical support, including other operational aspects to the CARE Uganda Field office. The purpose of this position is to ensure that there is efficiency and effectiveness in the administration services function through cordial, timely, effective internal and external communication.
1. Job Responsibility # 1 Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the respective office (50%)
a. Provide reception services as and when required.
b. Create requisitions in PeopleSoft as and when required.
c. Managing Office Petty Cash.
d. Photocopying, scanning and binding documents as needed.
e. Support in Fleet Management.
2. Job Responsibility # 2 Monitor the outsourced services provided at the CARE Uganda Office(30%)
a. Supervise office cleaning services so that they do not inadvertently damage any organization property during cleaning (for instance not wetting electrical items, treating fragile items with care)
b. Initiate and follow-up on repairs needed with external service providers to ensure works are done and are value for money.
3. Job Responsibility # 3. Receive and issue supplies to authorized users quickly and efficiently (10%) .
a. Prepare online PeopleSoft goods received notes for goods and services ensuring that they are delivered according to specifications (correct recipient, location, time, appropriate packaging etc.
b. Reconciling purchase orders with goods received; quickly addressing any problems or concerns and referring them to appropriate staff.
c. Support logistics with preparation of fuel efficiency reports as guided by the operations officer
Job Responsibility #4: Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (5%).
· Practice a behavior that is consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goals.
· Plays a leadership role in identifying and implementing initiatives that enhance CARE’s commitment to gender and diversity.
· Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly and indirectly.
· Ensure that staff and related personnel under your jurisdiction are familiar with the following organizational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached, The CI Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organizations Values.
Job Responsibility # 5 Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%).
· Support the Field Operations Coordinator from time to time
· Step in and cover for Field Operations Coordinator from time to time
· Take on stretch assignments assigned from time to time
The routine function of the Office Assistant is supervised by the Field Operations Coordinator. The role is responsible for maintaining excellent relationship and communication with internal clients and external stakeholders.
The mandate of this role is to support the CARE Uganda Field office in accordance to the rules and guidelines of CARE International.
The position is based in Arua.
· Diploma in business administration with relevant experience.
· Computer Literacy is very important to ease business engagement.
6. 6.JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
· At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
· Proficiency in the operation and use of office tools/ equipment, and an understanding of internal work processes, protocols, and procedures.
· Ability to learn quickly and adopt to changing requirements in a work environment
· Good communication skills, fluency in spoken English, Karamojong and Swahili required
· Good customer care and self-presentation
· Dependability and attention to detail (verbal, written, telephone)
· • Integrity & Results
· Customer focus
· Drive for results
· Learning on the fly
· Cross cultural sensitivity
· Cross cultural agility
· Business Acumen