The CAtalyzing Strengthened policy aCtion for heAlthy Diets and resiliencE (CASCADE) is a EURO 60 million project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented across six countries: Uganda, Nigeria, Benin, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Mozambique. The overall goal of CASCADE is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5. In Uganda, the project will be implemented across five regions (Karamoja, West Nile, Northern, Southwestern, Eastern) through a CARE-led consortium including GAIN, Food Rights Alliance, Africa Innovations Institute and Kyambogo University. The project will work with government, business, and communities to foster an enabling environment for nutrition actions by advocating for increased investments for nutrition and completion of Uganda’s nutrition policy document. CASCADE focus on specific, already-existing policies that are most strategic in Uganda, it’s a reflection of national government priorities and political will. In order to be able to successfully implement selected policies, the policy strengthening activities are going to be implemented at all levels, from national, sub-national up to community level.
The Private sector Advisor, S/he will lead strategic planning of existing and new partnerships. S/he will identify innovative modes of collaboration with non-traditional development stakeholders from the private sector, professional associations, multi-sectoral platforms, and already existing public private partnerships. CARE is particularly interested in expanding partnerships that enhance visibility and awareness of key Food and Nutrition rights issues (advocacy partnerships); secure additional resources to address these issues (resource mobilization partnerships); and provide competencies and skills to enhance these partnerships. S/he will work with Government to enhance the implementation of the Nutrition Action plan. The position will therefore focus on developing the Partnership and Private sector engagement. Technical guidance, protocols, and strategies to improve the quality of the activities. Overseeing the technical implementation of the activities and to ensure the overall quality of the nutrition activities and reaching impact.
Strategic Engagements and Coordination CASCADE (30%)
· Influence Private service providers to offer accessible and affordable products.
· Promote Public-Private sector Partnerships for market-oriented solutions to provide services in agriculture.
· Work closely with Government and Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) to identify private sector stakeholders to leverage the opportunities, resources, and networks for building a vibrant private sector ecosystem for the benefit of delivering CASCADE Project.
Advisory Services (20%)
Planning and oversight of CASCADE Partnerships
· Support the CASCADE in business development through initiating and managing partnerships with Private sector actors, Farmer Organisations, International and national NGOs, National and local governments.
· Liaise with Government to advance priority needs for addressing Food and nutrition.
Program QUALITY and LEARNING (20%)
Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (5%)
· Practice a behaviour that is consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goal.
· Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly and indirectly.
Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
· Any other duties incidental to the role or assigned by management.
WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Master’s degree in economics, Business Administration, Development or another relevant field. Additional specialised professional qualifications or training in Private sector development is a plus.
· Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
· High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
· Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors is highly desired.
· Ability to coordinate with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.