The Consortium Manager (CM) will be responsible for managing a CARE led consortium. The CM will act as CARE’s and Consortium’s primary representative for the project in local, national, and international level fora. S/he will facilitate smooth coordination between consortium members, implementing partners, government entities, UN agencies, donors, and NGOs active in the delivery of food security, maternal and child nutrition and incomes interventions to avoid duplication, leverage comparative strengths, and contribute to joint advocacy. CARE maintains a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse and takes all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE staff and related personnel seriously.
Project Management (30%)
· Responsible for the overall management of the project to facilitate integrated programming through the development and monitoring of a joint Detailed Implementation Plan for the project.
· Monitor overall project implementation and propose adaptations in a timely manner to ensure objectives are met.
· Ongoing guidance to team members to fulfil the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Ensure compliance with the donor Fund rules and regulations both for CARE as the prime as well as consortium members and implementing partners.
· Responsible for producing quality consolidated reports including establishing joint reporting tools and mechanisms, in close cooperation with relevant staff of Consortium partners.
Program Quality and Learning (20%)
· Ensure project develops costed action plans, procurement plans, cash projections in a timely manner to allow for appropriate cash flow and goods and services timely availability.
· Oversee flows of funds to consortium members and review reports both financial and narrative from consortium members, in close coordination with the CARE Head of Finance.
· Responsible for the project’s integrated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) framework, with support from the MEAL Advisor and Program Quality and Learning Manager
· Ensure the project base line, Mid Term Review (MTR), end line and final evaluation are conducted in a timely and quality manner.
· Ensure joint field missions to support and assess the delivery of the integrated aspects of programming.
· Responsible for ensuring visibility across all project areas as per donor’s policies.
Operational, Human, Financial and Administrative Management (15%)
· Directly supervise a team of CARE staff as per CARE HR Manual.
· The PM is responsible for hiring, training, and retaining a competent, motivated, and high performing team of professional staff of CARE and partners.
· As CARE ambassador, the PM is required to ensure gender equity and diversity within the team and nurture CARE’s core values and code of conduct.
· Promote continuous learning and professional development of the team through on-job learning, relevant exposures, and appropriate stretch assignments.
Consortium Management and Coordination (15%)
· Ensure effective mechanisms for joint planning, integrated implementation, joint & participatory monitoring, and management between consortium members.
· Act as Chair of the Program Management Unit (PMU) and ensure regular meetings take place, are well documented and agreed upon actions followed-up.
· Ensure CARE Senior Management (CD, PD) calls for Steering Committee meetings at Kampala levels with heads of consortium partners; prepare and document and follow through actions agreed.
External Representation and Networking (10%)
· Responsible for developing and strengthening working relations with relevant Government ministries departments and agencies and coordinating with field level /relevant leadership teams.
· Responsible for closely coordinating with key stakeholders on Food and Nutrition security actors.
· Have a productive working relationship with CARE NL who is managing the contract.
· Responsible for all external representation of the Consortium at meetings, events, conferences, and other for a, to key stakeholders, providing them with information about project objectives, risks, constraints, and progress.
Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices (5%)
· Practice a behavior consistent with CARE core values and promote gender equity and diversity goals.
· Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly and indirectly
Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
· Any other duties incidental to the role or assigned by management.
WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Master’s degree in development relevant field of study from reputable institution least 8 years of relevant field experience with reputable international organisations.
· Experience with project management in a development, transition context, among which project design and proposal development, project reporting and monitoring projects at a distance.
· Knowledge of and experience in gender equality approaches in resilience building.
· Affinity with financial project management.
· Proven experience in advocacy activities capacity strengthening at national level for improved policy implementation.
· Organizing skills.
· Leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Good conceptual abilities.
· Analytical writing kills.
· Good communication, presentation, public speaking, and negotiation skills.
· Capacity to multi-task in rapidly changing and fast-paced environments.